Fun Instagram Stats
1. Instagram has over 500 Million active users every single day.There are 1 billion people using Instagram, but only half of those are active daily.
Facebook and YouTube are in the lead for the highest amount of daily active users.
- Twitter has 310 million active users
- Snapchat has 200 million active users
- Pinterest has 100 million active users
2. Facebook bought Instagram for $715 million.
Instagram Demographic Statistics
3. 80% of Instagram users live outside of the U.S.
4. 72% of teens use Instagram every day - the average Instagram user is between 18-29 years old.
5. 42% of Instagram users make more than $75k per year.
- 30% earn up to $30K/year
- 42% earn $30K – $50K
- 32% earn $50K – $75K
- 42% earn $75K+
6. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
Instagram Usage Statistics
7. 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
The average Instagram photo receives about 37 interactions per 1,000 followers, while Instagram videos average of 24 interactions per 1,000 followers.
8. 400 million Stories posted per day.
2 million of those people are brands using Stories as a way to promote their business.
9. Instagram and Snapchat are tied for the second highest used Messaging App (Facebook Messenger is #1) at 47%.
10. Kylie Jenner holds the record for the most liked Instagram post that announced Stormi Webster's Instagram debut at 18 million likes.
11. After Instagram itself with over 256 million followers, Selena Gomez is the most followed individual with 143 million followers.
12. 7 out of 10 hashtags on Instagram are branded.
13. Instagram posts with at least one hashtag have 12.6% more engagement than those without - the optimum number of hashtags is 11.
14. Instagram users engage more on weekdays.
- The best time to post on Instagram is Wednesday at 3 p.m., Thursday at 5 a.m., 11 a.m., and 3 to 4 p.m. and Friday at 5 a.m.
- Thursday is the best day to post to Instagram.
- The safest times to post to Instagram are Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday is the least engaging day for Instagram.
15. Instagram posts that add a location have 79% more engagement.
16. Pizza is the most widely Instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
17. 50% of Instagram captions & comments contain emojis.
18. The most used emoji is the heart.
19. Instagram photos generate 36% more engagement than videos.
20. Photos with faces get 38% more likes.
21. 65% of top performing Instagram posts feature products
Instagram Business Statistics
22. 71% of all businesses use Instagram.
23. There are currently 8 million Instagram Business profiles in the U.S.
24. 25+ million business profiles use Instagram worldwide.
25. 1/3 of the most viewed Instagram stories are from businesses.
26. 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
27. 80% of users follow a business on Instagram.
28. 200 million+ users visit at least one business profile every day.
29. Instagram Mobile Ad Revenue expected to hit $7 Billion in 2018.
By 2019, it’s estimated that Instagram ad revenue will reach over $10 billion.