General Facebook Stats
1. Facebook Has More Than 2 Billion Daily Active Users
Facebook has more users than any other platform in the world. To put that in perspective, that's more than a third of the entire population in the world.
- 1.47 billion daily active users on Facebook on average for June 2018
- 2.23 billion monthly active users on Facebook as of June 30, 2018
- 30,275 employees as of June 30, 2018
But what is that number compared to the number of monthly active users on other top social media platforms? Lets take a look:
- Youtube has 1.5 billion monthly active users
- WeChat has 889 million monthly active users
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users
- Snapchat has an estimated 255 million monthly active users
Facebook Demographic Stats
2. 83% of Women & 75% of Men Use Facebook
According to Pew Research, 83% of women use the network compared to 75% of men.
3. 68% Of U.S. Adults Use Facebook More Than Any Other Social Network
That's substantially higher than the 28% percentage of adults on Instagram, the next most used social media platform.
4. 82% OF Facebook Users Typically Have Some College Education
- 79% of users are college graduates
- 82% have taken some college
- 77% finished high school or less
5. The Average Facebook User Has 155 Friends
6. 72% of Facebook Users Have an Income of More Than $75k
7. 34% Of Teens Think Facebook is Uncool
However, 76% of 12-17 year olds still use the network.
8. Facebook Users Spend an Average of 35 Minutes on Facebook Each Day
9. Users Log Into Facebook More Than Any Other Social Platform
10. 40% of Facebook Users Have Never Liked a Facebook Page
Some other fun Facebook stats:
- One-third (32%) of Facebook users engage with brands regularly.
- 5 billion comments are left on Facebook pages monthly.
- 42% of customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.
11. The Facebook Like Button Has Been Pressed 1.13 Trillion Times
12. 400 New Users Sign Up For Facebook Every 60 Seconds
Every minute on Facebook there are:
- 317,000 status updates
- 400 new users
- 147,000 photos uploaded
- 54,000 link shares
And every minute on other popular social networks there are:
- 448,000 Tweets
- 66,000 Instagram posts
- 29 million WhatsApp messages sent
Facebook Mobile Stats
13. Facebook’s Messenger Has Over 1.2 Billion Monthly Active Users
What this means for brands is you need to get active on Facebook Messenger. If you want to learn more about Facebook Messenger and chatbots click here.
14. 19% of Time Spent on Mobile Devices is on Facebook
Facebook Statistics For Business
15. eCommerce is the Top Industry on Facebook
15. 93% of Marketers Use Facebook Advertising Regularly
16. About 3 Million Businesses Use Facebook to Market Their Business
17. Images Account for 75-90% of Facebook Advertising Performance
When creating ads, the most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words, and 15 words for a link description.
18. 47% of the Value of Facebook Video Ads Happens in the First 3 Seconds
19. 93% of Social Media Advertisers Use Facebook Ads
20. The Average CPC for Facebook Ads is $1.72
21. The Average CTR for Facebook Ads is 0.9%
22. 70 Million Businesses Use Facebook Pages
23. 5 Million Businesses Actively Use Paid Advertising on Facebook
24. 95% of Social Media Marketers Say Facebook Delivers the Best ROI
26. 1 Billion People See Ads Through the Facebook Audience Network Each Month
Facebook Video Stats
27. Facebook Gets Over 8 Billion Average Daily Video Views
28. 100 Million Hours of Video Are Watched Every Day on Facebook
29. 85% of Facebook Users Watch Videos With the Sound Off
Other important Facebook stats relating to video include:
- Captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12%
- 80% of users are annoyed when videos auto-play sound
30. People Are 5 Times More Likely to Watch Facebook Videos on a Phone
Facebook Publishing Stats
31. Brands Post an Average of 8 Times on Facebook per Day
32. The Best Time to Post on Facebook is Weekday Afternoons
33. Sunday and Monday Are the Cheapest Days to Place Ads
Friday has been proven to have the highest CPC.
34. Only 56% of Facebook Ads Include a Call to Action
If you would like more of our help on Facebook ads and increasing your impact then I encourage you to check out DM Impact! It's our mentor and training community where you will work closely with our team to grow your audience using Digital Marketing!