So many business owners miss out on opportunities to make more revenue, and typically that is everyone’s main goal. Bringing in more cash for you business doesn’t always have to be difficult.
The digital marketing world is constantly changing and it can be hard to stay in the loop and really understand what will work for your marketing campaigns and marketing strategies. Staying up to date on the top digital marketing trends can help you serve your clients better and really ensure success for your business, whether that’s through social media, content marketing, influencer marketing, inbound marketing, etc.
You just have to find which marketing efforts work for your business and enhances the customer experience.
Digital marketing over the years has evolved into understanding what buyers want and personalization. The key to success is understanding where your target audience or potential customers are in the buyers journey and giving them content they are interested in.
We hope these top trends in digital marketing can help you achieve more sales and stop you from wasting time and money on tactics and marketing efforts that don’t work.
Top Digital Marketing Trends 2019
- Digital advertising spending worldwide is projected to reach $375 billion by 2021.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content.
- 25% of B2B marketers in the U.S. spent between 61% and 80% of their total marketing budget on digital marketing.
- Location specific digital ad campaigns are 20x more effective than traditional banner ads that are not location based.
- 80% of consumers will remember a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- More Than 70% of marketers will fail to use behavioral data for online targeting.
Top SEO Trends
- The U.S. alone is estimated to spend $80 billion in SEO services by 2020.
- 45% of all companies say content marketing is highly integrated with their SEO strategy.
- The top 5 search results on Google get 70% of all clicks.
- Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic and 94% of total organic traffic.
- Compared to social media, search engines drive 300% more traffic to content sites.
- SEO has 14.6% conversion rate, compared to 1.7% for traditional outbound methods like cold-calling or direct mail.
Organic Search Trends
- The average first page result on Google consists of 1,890 words.
- long-form content of over 1,000 words consistently receives more shares and links than shorter form content.
- 51 percent of all website traffic comes from organic search, 10 percent from paid search, 5 percent for social, and 34 percent from all other sources.
- Over 40 percent of revenue is captured by organic traffic.
- Users focus more on organic search results 94% of the time.
- Search engines drive 300% more traffic to sites than social media.
- 64.6% of people click on Google Ads when they're looking to buy an item online.
- Internet traffic funneled through pay-per-click advertisements bring approximately 50% more lead conversions than organic web traffic.
- 65% of all clicks made by users who intend to make a purchase go to paid ads.
- Mobile devices account for 53% of paid-search clicks.
- When it comes to PPC ad campaigns, 4 out of 5 businesses focus on Google Ads.
- PPC ads can boost brand awareness by 46%.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
- The average number of words a person uses in a Google search is 3.
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic.
- 75 % of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
- 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic search results.
- 57% of B2B marketers stated keyword ranking generate more leads than any other marketing initiative.
Local Search Behaviors
- Google “near me” searches have increased by two times over the past year.
- 78% of local mobile searches result in in-store purchases.
- 50% of mobile users are likely to visit a store on the same day they conducted a Google search.
- 18% of location-based mobile searches result in a sale within one day.
- Website URLs that are not mobile friendly have experienced a 21% decrease in search engine rankings.
- The average mobile search conversion rate in Google Ads is 3.48%.
- Web users exposed to slow loading times, will conduct less searches on average.
- The average load speed for the top ranking sites of 1.9 seconds.
- 53% of users will leave a page if it takes more than 3 seconds.
Social Media Trends
- Facebook has more daily active users than the population of China.
- 2 in 3 marketers claim Facebook is their most important social platform.
- Facebook ads are used by 72% of marketers.
- Images account for 75%90% of Facebook advertising effectiveness.
- The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is 4 words, and 15 words for a link description.
- The best time to post on Facebook is 1pm-3pm.
- 74% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes.
- Tweets with videos get 6 times as many retweets as tweets with photos.
- 88% of Twitter's advertising revenue is from mobile.
- Blog posts longer than 1,500 words receive 68.1% more Tweets.
- Instagram's ad revenue will grow to $10.87 billion in 2019.
- 60% of users discover products on Instagram.
- 75% of users take action like visiting a company's website after a brands post.
- The best time to post on Instagram is weekdays at 5pm - 2am.
- Instagram stories posted a 220% increase in year-over-year ad spending.
- When making a purchase decision, 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective at lead generation than Facebook or Twitter.
- In 2018, LinkedIn's revenue was $5.3 billion.
Content Marketing & Blogging
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising
- 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- 45% of B2C marketers believe visual content is their most important type of content.
- Companies who write blogs receive 97% more links to their website.
- Titles with 6-13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
- Companies who blog 11+ times each month get more than 4 times as many leads than those who blog only 5 times per month.
- 70% of people dislike mobile ads.
- Mobile ad blocking has increased by 90% since last year.
- 60% of consumers click on mobile ads at least weekly.
- 2/3 of consumers can recall a specific brand they have seen advertised on mobile in the last week.
- 81% of consumers have exited a website because of a pop up ad.
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company using search.
Mobile Email Marketing
- Mobile is responsible for at least 50% of all email open rates.
- Mobile users check their emails 3 times more than non-mobile users.
Email Marketing & Response Rate
- The average open rate of emails across all industries is 18.16%.
- Emails sent between 10am - 11am have the highest open rates.
- Emails sent on Tuesdays have have the highest open rates.
- Personalizing emails can increase your response rate by 100%.
- Video in email leads to a 200 - 300% increase in click-through rates.
- Using the word 'video' in email subject lines boosts open rates by 12.62%.
- 42% of marketers do not send targeting emails.
- 49% of businesses use some form of email automation.
- 78% of users have unsubscribed from emails because a brand was sending too many emails.
- In 2019, 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video.
- 1,200% more shares are generated by social videos than text and images combined.
- 50% of online users search for product videos before they make a purchase.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads.
- 86% of businesses use video and live video as a marketing tool.
- Over 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube every day.
- 79% of consumers prefer to watch video content instead of reading about a product.
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without the sound turned on.
- 64% of marketers see video content as the most difficult content to create.
- 7 out 10 marketing professionals are optimizing video for SEO.